A different approach
There are diving bases like sand at the sea. Most owned by foreign owners or investors. Lenz immediately realized that Daniel, Idi and Mohamed as locals had a completely different access to the country and its people.
The region in the north, far away from the hustle and bustle around Stone Town, secluded and with natural charm offers a unique opportunity to integrate the culture and the original of the country into the concept of the base.
The idea of an ecological diving base with close solidarity to the people of the region and a more natural aproach was born.
Not a 5-star grail with inflated tourist entertainment in club style, but authentic, clean and typical accommodation, with traditional offerings including food, music, culture and people.
– Dinner in the village with a local family
– Traditional, homemade products
– Integration into cultural events of the region
– Sailing and fishing in traditional boats
– If desired, integration into the expansion of the infrastructure
– Visits to schools explaining the global polution situation
This way, our guests have the opportunity to actively contribute to the development of the region and the improvement of the standard of living of the people living there.
With this commitment and the involvement of the local community, a joint venture is strived for through education and the active cooperation of the inhabitants, which will bear fruit in the long term.
– Cleaning and preservation of the natural environment
– Improved waste concept
– Renovation/extension of the huts
– Installation of sanitary facilities
– fresh water supply
– planning of a solar power grid
Considering the fact that the average monthly income in Tanzania/Zanzibar is between $80 and $120, the aim is to secure the basic needs of the people actively involved, to improve their standard of living and to promote increased environmental awareness.
Our guests have the opportunity to actively participate and gain direct insights into the problems of the country and its people.